Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My Beauty Product Must-Haves

I may have a slight addiction to buying beauty products and from this I have found some favorites over the years. So I decided to share my all time favorite products that I would like not to ever have to live without (though I know I could if I had too). 

So first I am going to start with products that are more general hygiene type products. So some skin care, hair products, and a random nail polish. 

 Going Clockwise: 1. Pond's Evening Soothe Wet Cleansing Towelettes ($5.49 at drugstores). 2. Smith's Rosebud Salve ($6.00 at Sephora). 3. Batiste Dry Shampoo in dark and deep brown ($7.49 at drugstores). 4. Essie Nail Polish in Pink-a-boo ($8.00 at Target). 4. Clinique Super City Block SPF 35 Sunscreen ($23.00 at Clinique Counters). 

Now as for why I like them. 1. I have tried many different types of make-up remover wipes and for me I have found that these take off my make up the best without irritating my skin. I will try different ones every so often but I always come back to these. 2. I absolutely LOVE the Smith's Rosebud Salve. I use this on my lips every night before bed as well as on occasional dry patches of skin and my cuticles. The next morning everything is smooth and hydrated. 3. I have tried a few dry shampoos and they all have left a little bit of a white cast to my hair. The Batiste dry shampoo in dark and deep brown doesn't do this and sucks up the oil in my fine hair. 4. When in doubt I uses Essie Pink-a-Boo on my nails. I is a light pink with sparkles in it that pretty much goes with everything. Unfortunately I think this was a limited edition color, if that is the case I would go for any light pink shade. 5. The Clinique Super City Block Sun Block is my go to Sunscreen for my face. I have really acne prone oily skin so I use a lot of the Clinique skin care and foundations. My skin also BURNS really bad if I am not careful in the sun so all year round I use sunscreen at LEAST on my face. I have never had break outs from this product like I have from others I have tried so I'm going to stick to using it. 

Now for some of my makeup favorites. This is the fun part I like to have fun with my makeup, but I also have my everyday more natural favorites. As you will more than likely notice I am a lips girl and never feel my makeup is complete without my lips done. They are usually done in a fun bright color so I balance that with the rest of my face being more on the neutral side. 

Again sort of Clockwise: 1. Clinique Touch Base For Eyes in Buff Lighting ($15.00 at Clinique Counters). 2. NYX Nude Matte Shadow in Lap Dance ($4.99 at Ulta). 3. Pixi Quartette in Shades of Taupe (Found at Target on Sale still on Pixi website). 4. Clinique High Impact Mascara ($16.50 at Clinique Counters, a mini is pictured). 5. Clinique Instant Lift for Brows in Soft Brown ($16.50 at Clinique Counters). 6. NYX Jumbo Eye shadow Pencil in Yogurt ($4.49 at Ulta). 7. Stila Kitten Eye shadow (in a limited edition trio at Ulta years ago). 

Again for the Why. 1. Clinique Touch Base for Eyes in Buff Lighting. This is a base that actually works on my eyelids, again they are also super oily. I will also use this color on days when I am running a little late because I can swipe some on with my fingers pat a little Stila Kitten over it and be out the door. 2. The NYX Nude Matte eye shadow in Lap Dance is one of my go to blending colors along with being a base eye shadow and a matte highlight. 3. The Pixi Quartette in Shades of Taupe is probably my most used set of eye shadows I can use the lighter colors with Stila Kitten for a lighter look or darken it up with the deeper colors. 4. Clinique High Impact Mascara is my tried and true mascara I will venture out and try others but I always come back the this one. 5. Clinique Instant Lift for Brows, I have a scar in my right eyebrow so filling them in is a must for me. I not only use the shimmer side under my brow but for an all over the face highlight. 6. NYX Jumbo Eye shadow pencil in Yogurt is one of the products I use as a base if I am not using my Clinique on for some reason. I will also use this on the outer third of my lower lash line to look more awake. 7. Stila Kitten is my all time favorite eye shadow it is a rare occasion when I am NOT wearing it. I will pat this on over a base and be done. 

Now on to lips!!!

 The Clinique Chubby Sticks are one of my favorite lip products there is a wide variety of colors some more sheer and the Chubby Intense are very pigmented. These leave my lips hydrated and are a fool proof way to add some color. From front to back are Super Strawberry, Oversized Orange, and Pudgy Peony. (I also have Mightiest Maraschino which is not pictured). These are $17.00 at Clinique Counters.

 Another on of my all time favorite lip products from Clinique is Different Lipstick in Shy. This is another color that I through on and don't worry about. I will reapply during the day but not often. I am excited for fall so I can start wearing it again. I wear it fall through spring but its too much for me in the summer. This is $16.00 at Clinique Counters. 

So lets talk about my all time favorite in the world lip glosses. The Stila Lip Glazes. I absolutely LOVE them. If I could only have one lip product for the rest of my life these would be it. The full sizes are expensive and I do not have a full sized one. I look for the mini sets at Ulta and Sephora which are a much better deal and I have still not gone through any of them and some are getting to the point where they should be thrown out :(. 

Front to Back: Orchard, Spice, Kitten

Front to Back: Dazzle Berry, Hibiscus, Lilac

Front to Back: Pink Orchid, Strawberry Cream, Passion Fruit

Front to Back: Peach Blossom, Melon, Kaleidoscope

And Finally for my all time favorite fragrance. I literally spent and hour in a department store one time trying to fine a perfume that I liked probably driving the sales associate nuts in the process. I am on my second bottle of this perfume and would definitely say it is my go to. It is the Versace Bright Crystal.



So these are my all time favorite beauty products. I have many other short term favorites but these are the products I always come back to. 

~Katy




No comments:

Post a Comment