Monday, July 13, 2015

Update: I'm in North Carolina for the Summer


So, I'm in North Carolina...

It has been a very long time since I have posted; I know I suck at this I need to take more time to do the things I enjoy. So how did I end up in North Carolina for the summer...

As I have mentioned before I am a Biochemistry major with minors in Biology and Computer Science. My ultimate goal is to work in Biomedical research. I currently work in undergraduate research at UW-L and absolutely love it. If I could stay in lab all day and not go to class I totally would. This winter when I was talking with my adviser about summer grant writing she told me about the Biophysics Society Summer Program. I filled out the application and found out on my birthday that I had been accepted to the program. 

The Biophysics Summer Program is a twelve week course which started in May and ends July 31st, with most if not all expenses paid along with a stipend for the work we accomplish. The program consists of a lecture series, a seminar series where we meet professors from some of the top schools in the country, as much lab work as I can possibly squeeze in, and some time for fun. 

A picture from the Durham Bulls game we went to. 

It has been an amazing experience. I have made many new friends in the program and have learned many valuable tips to help me reach my goals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment