Thursday, August 8, 2013

Recent Shopping Adventures! (Part 1)

So I've done some shopping recently (surprise, surprise!). I have gotten a bunch of craft supplies, some things for my dorm, and some new clothes for school.  So I decided to divide it up into three parts crafts (part 1), clothes (part 2), and school (part 3). It started with a couple weeks ago when my family and I (my parents, a visiting uncle, and my grandma) all went to Marquette to visit my brother and so my uncle and grandma could see my brothers new apartment. So we are in Marquette which has a pretty good bead store along with a Michael's. So my mom and I got go to these stores which made us happy, because we also took my grandma to a department store which was vary interesting to say the least (shes 84 and a little on the nutty side, but the sales ladies were nice and she didn't make anyone cry). 

This is a picture of everything I got a the bead store in Marquette. 

 This is a 12" piece of silver chain that I got for a necklace I am working on. 

 Two different sizes of silver Czech glass beads. 

 Some big seed beads that were packaged in the $1.00 bin. So I got two.

 Some Pave beads that I got because they were cool. 

Metallic Silver Miyuki 4 mm Cubes. I got two tubes. 

 A collective picture of my Michael's purchases. 

A picture of just the beads and  head pins.

 The beads alone. I got three strands of pave style beads, and some Crystazzi 
4 mm black and silver bicones. 

 A picture of the knitting stuff I bought the yarn and my mom (who feeds my crafting addictions)
 bought the knitting counter and the US 15 size knitting needles for a scarf for me. 

A picture of the size 15 knitting needles and the counter (which I glamed up, post soon). 

A picture of the other colors of Red Heart Gumdrop yarn I got for making Christmas presents for my friends. I got the colors Lime, Smoothie, Blueberry, and Grape (Left to Right). To go with the Cherry and Orange I already had, I am still looking for Lemon. 

My mom took this past week off to hang out with me and to get stuff done around the house. So we were going to got to Green Bay on Tuesday but I wasn't feeling well so we couldn't. My mom knows I haven't been feeling well for awhile so she got me in to see one of the PA's at my doctors office and was able to get my medication changed and I am already starting to feel better (they wouldn't change it for me just kept saying an increase in dose would help, but it kept making me sicker). So today we went to Green Bay and did some more craft shopping to feed both of our addictions this time (hers is cross stitch). So we went to the cross stitch store in Green Bay where I got a pattern I have been eyeing up for awhile. We also went to Joann Fabrics to get a few various things, I got beads and findings. Then we did some other shopping which will be in following posts. 

 The Cross Stitch Pattern I got. It is 'Party Cakes' from Country Cottage Needleworks.

 A picture of everything I got at Joann Fabrics. 

 The beads I got. I got some really pretty lavender colored purple beads, some silver class 
and my mom got me some clear for something I am making her. 

 The findings I got I got some color full jump rings to play with Chain Maille, and a bunch of toggles. 

That was all of the craft items I picked up recently. Sorry for the long post, but it happens. There will be a couple shopping blogs to follow. All of this craft stuff really makes me realize I need to get my Etsy up and running. Follow my twitter and instagram for updates on that. My instagram is not currently linked to my blog but will be by they end of the day tomorrow (Friday August 9th 2013. I'm on us central time). And my Twitter should be un-privatized.

No comments:

Post a Comment